Teri Crilly | Ballet, Pointe and Conditioning Instructor
qualificationsEx-Soloist Queensland Ballet Company, Level 1 Strength and Conditioning Coach, Advanced Diploma of Arts (Classical Dance)
Teri was born in Bunbury, Western Australia. She received her early ballet training from Allegonda Deppe at The Ballet School in Western Australia and went on to complete her Advanced Diploma of Arts (Classical Dance) through the National Theatre Ballet School in Melbourne. She then spent a year performing at Tokyo Disney in Japan before accepting contract with the Australian Ballet’s “Out There in Schools Program”, designing and delivering dance workshops to schools in regional Victoria and New South Wales. Teri was a guest dancer in Queensland Ballets production of the Nutcracker in 2007 and entered the company’s Professional Year Program in January 2008 before joining the company in August of 2008. In 2012 Teri was nominated “Dancer to watch” in the Australian Dance Critics Survey for her performances in both Swan Lake and The Nutcracker. Teri was the ‘face of Christmas’ in Brisbane Marketing’s 2013 Christmas campaign and in 2017 was the Exercise and Sports Science face of their “30 for 30” campaign. Teri has choreographed 4 short works for Queensland Ballets Soiree and Dance Dialogues seasons.
In 2015 Teri was promoted to Demi Soloist and became soloist in 2017. Her repertoire includes several Soloist and Principal roles including Cinderella in Ben Stevenson’s Cinderella, Swanhilda in Greg Horsman’s Coppelia, The Sugar Plum Fairy in Ben Stevenson’s Nutcracker, Kitri in Francois Klaus’s Don Quixote, the Lead Harlot in Sir Kenneth MacMillan’s Romeo and Juliet and Edith (Gamzatti) in Greg Horsman’s La Baydere.
Teri was also a founding member of the QB Junior Friend’s program, giving her the ability to mentor and teach the future stars of the stage. Teri is extremely passionate about helping and guiding others to achieve their dreams and in particular athlete wellbeing. She is currently studying a Bachelor of Psychology and a Certificate IV in Elite Athlete Wellbeing. Teri is also a qualified level 1 strength and conditioning coach. Teri will be commencing her Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management in 2019.
Performing Career highlights:
• Swanhilda in Greg Horsman’s Coppelia
• Cinderella in Ben Stevenson’s Cinderella
• Edith in Greg Horsman’s La Bayadere
• Lead Harlot in Sir Kenneth MacMillan’s Romeo & Juliet
• Sugar Plum Fairy in Ben Stevenson’s The Nutcracker
• Wendy in Trey McIntyre’s Peter Pan
• Ben Stevenson’s Three Preludes
• Clara in Francois Klaus’s The Nutcracker
• Clara in Ben Stevenson’s The Nutcracker
• Bluebird pas de deux in Greg Horsman’s The Sleeping Beauty
• Bluebird pas de deux in Francois Klaus’s The Sleeping Beauty
• Cygnet in Francois Klaus’s Swan Lake
• Ben Stevenson’s La Esmeralda pas de deux
• Kitri in Francois Klaus’s Don Quixote
• Snow White at Tokyo Disney
• Wendy Darling at Tokyo Disney